Valentine’s Day, like most other holidays, tends to be associated with sugar-laden confections, decadent desserts, and lots and lots of wine. I think these things are all part of a healthy diet and lifestyle if consumed in moderation, but as a rule I tend to gravitate toward more wholesome food because it just tastes better to me. Without several cups of sugar and other artificial flavorings eclipsing a dessert’s natural flavor, we can enjoy treats in their most whole form.
Another reason I enjoy wholesome vegan sweets is because they are some of the simplest to make: not a lot of whisking or whipping, no need to crack a bunch of eggs or stir in some very questionable shortening. Since I’m not a very confident baker, I like the idea of using as few ingredients as possible with very basic cooking techniques.
Whether you’re celebrating V-Day with a significant other, friends, or solo, these healthy vegan desserts will make any celebration that much sweeter.
1. Ginger Cookies With Pink Frosting by This Rawsome Vegan Life
2. Red Velvet Cupcakes by Peaceful Dumpling
3. Goji Berry Brownies by Pickles & Honey
4. Raw Triple Layer Mint Fudge Brownies by Faring Well
5. No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Peaceful Dumpling
6. Citrus & Spice Melted Chocolate Mousse by Healthy Happy Life
7. Dark Chocolate Cherry Walnut Truffles by Oh She Glows
8. Happy Raw Vegan Strawberry Banana Bars by Peaceful Dumpling
9. Matcha Coconut Custard Tarte w/ Chocolate Crust by Amy Chaplin
10. Raw Macaroons by Peaceful Dumpling
What desserts are on your menu for this Valentine’s Day? 🙂
More vegan Valentine’s Day desserts: Chocolate Silk Pie
V-Day specials: Editors’ Picks: Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
Photos: Peaceful Dumpling