We are always looking for passionate writers covering healthy living, vegan recipes, yoga, mind + body, and fitness. Below is what we look for in our contributors. Please follow these in order for our editors to review your submission in a timely manner. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Why write for Peaceful Dumpling? As the web’s premier destination for all things vegan, healthy, and inspired, Peaceful Dumpling provides a wonderfully supportive community and a great platform for your work. Our contributers [include certified nutritionists, holistic health coaches, yoga and fitness instructors, authors, elite athletes and marathoners, professional editors, and more.
1. Understand our content. Please take the time to get to know our content, especially the topics that we cover, format, and our general prose style. Most of our articles fall into one of 4 types:
1) Informative lifestyle articles, often in list or how-to format (“5 Best…” “10 Ways to…” “How to…”), on healthy eating, fitness, nutrition, wellness, mind + body, sustainability, natural and vegan beauty, etc.
2) Vegan recipe or fitness tutorials with high-quality original photographs.
3) Longform travelogue or personal essay about a poignant and thought-provoking topic.
4) Timely journalistic response to current events in health, animal rights, and the environment.
Our mission is to keep the message positive, informative, and encouraging for all our readers (both vegan and non-vegan), so we publish articles like “How to Defend Veganism/Why I’m Vegan.”
2. Email your article to Please insert the article text in the body of the email and attach photos (if any) in JPEG format. (your own) attached. Other types of articles may use a royalty-free, license-cleared images from either Wikipedia Commons, Flickr Creative Commons, or similar. The images should be no smaller than 425 x 400 px and must have the photo credit listed (ie. “Photo: Jellybelly via Flickr” or “Photo: Jennifer Brown”).
In the body of the email, please also include your author bio (2-4 sentences about yourself, including social media platforms) and an author photo.
4. Your submission will be reviewed by Peaceful Dumpling editors. We will email you if it is accepted for publication within 1-2 weeks.
5. Once your article is published, please help your article be read by sharing it on your social media platforms.
Thank you for your interest in writing for Peaceful Dumpling!