The recipe ended up very quick and super delicious. It's my go-to pasta sauce recipe and I even stopped buying the jarred ones from the super market—you only need delicious, ripe tomatoes for this one. For more creaminess you can cook your pasta in the sauce as the starch from the pasta will make it nice and thick. I skipped this step because I made the sauce for me and my partner, and I eat gluten-free and he has regular pasta, so this one the picture isn't as creamy. But it's worth to give it a try if you normally would cook your pasta separately. Note that in this case you might need a little more water to the sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g GF linguini or spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups ripe, fresh tomatoes, chopped or baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1–2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Harissa paste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup fatty coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pasta water
1. Heat up the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat ad add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
2. Add garlic, spices, tomato and Harissa paste, and stir until fragrant and well combined. Add in the tomatoes and cook until they are tender and bursted. I like to mash them with a fork.
3. Stir in the coconut milk and nutritional yeast.
4. Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving at some of the pasta water before draining.
5. Once ready you stir in the pasta in the sauce, adding some of the pasta water if needed to get the consistency you like.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth