Enjoy this Warm Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl when you want a warm comforting breakfast that isn't your regular bowl of cereal. I topped mine with chia seeds, shredded coconut, and freeze-dried strawberries, but anything goes! If you have any leftovers, they can be stored in the fridge for a few days. Sometimes the smallest changes in your daily routine, especially in the morning, can drastically change your outlook for the rest of the day! If Warm Smoothie Bowls are possible...what isn't?
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup (plus more for blending) almond milk
- 1/2 banana, smashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons almond butter (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (optional)
- chia seeds
- freeze-dried strawberries
- shredded coconut
2. Cook for 10 minutes, until oats are fluffy, stirring often.
3. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a high speed blender and add a splash more almond milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately with desired toppings.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
Related: Chocolate Cinnamon Granola
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier