October has come and gone, and the winter holiday season is right around the corner. The anticipation is real. Pumpkins are replaced by wreaths, orange string lights replaced by multicolor hues, and scented candles go from pumpkin pie spice to sparkling spruce.
This eggnog-themed take on a classic combo (milk and cookies) will give you a taste of delightful December flavors without the guilt of having an unhealthy treat. A delicious blend of vegan eggnog, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon comes together to make these heart-warming cookies–which are perfectly complemented by the accompanying recipe for holiday-spiced black tea. Hope you enjoy–and be sure to share!
Gluten-Free, Vegan Eggnog Cookies With Holiday Spiced Tea
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup vegan eggnog
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teabag black tea
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Pulse oats in a blender until they are close to a flour consistency.
3. Combine oats, coconut chips, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon (only 1/4 teaspoon), and stevia in a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of maple syrup and 3/4 cup of eggnog.
5. Pour the mixture from the small bowl into the big bowl.
6. Use a large spoon to mix all the ingredients together.
7. Use hands to make small balls and place on parchment paper.
8. Use a fork to press down slightly on each ball (you can cover the fork with a little coconut oil to make this process quick and easy).
9. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the cookies and place in oven for 18 minutes.
10. While the cookies are baking, brew one cup of black tea.
11. Add 1/4 cup eggnog, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cup of tea.
12. Whisk the drink with a fork to combine all ingredients.
Also by Bella: Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bites
Related: Holiday Tea Cake Cookies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bella Gadsby