After any stressful week, I'm always looking for ways to treat myself. Whether that's attending a yoga class, reading a good book, or catching up with a close friend, it always feels rejuvenating to connect with activities and people that are close to my heart. This weekend, with a bag of chocolate chips on hand, I decided that nothing would make me happier than a bowl of granola and (vegan) yogurt. As a bonus, you can feel pretty good when you munch on it since it contains healthy fat from the coconut oil, protein from the nuts, and antioxidants from the chocolate (if you use dark). Just like eating a salad, right?
If you're having one of those weeks, I suggest you get to making this sweet treat STAT. You can thank me later :)
Vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together brown rice syrup, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until the oats are coated and sticky. Gently fold in chocolate chips until they are distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
5. Pour granola onto a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Once the granola is cool, break up into small pieces and store in a glass container.
Also by Molly: Rum Raisin Cookies
Related: Chocolate Peppermint Granola
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne