Summer berries are one of my favorite things about warm weather. I eat berries year round, but nothing quite beats biting into a juicy seasonal berry. Lately, I buy them in bulk and throw them in everything to get the most out of the season.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy berries is as a topping to my oatmeal. If you're tired of just throwing them in raw, take it to the next level by making this super easy Vegan Blueberry Pie Oatmeal.
This delicious breakfast starts with a basic oatmeal bowl sweetened with bananas and thickened with chia seeds and topped with a stovetop Blueberry Pie Compote.
This easy, sugar-free Blueberry Pie Compote comes together in less than five minutes and is the perfect topping to your breakfast. Try switching out the blueberries for your favorite berry to mix things up.
I like to top my bowl with a big spoonful of nut butter. I hope you enjoy Blueberry Pie for breakfast as much as I do!
1. Add oatmeal and unsweetened almond milk to a large saucepan and heat pan on medium until bubbling.
2. Reduce to medium-low and cook more 10 minutes or until oatmeal has absorbed all almond milk.
3. Add in smashed banana and chia seeds during the last few minutes of cooking.
4. To make the blueberry pie compote, add frozen blueberries and orange juice to another saucepan over high heat.
5. Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is thick and sticky.
6. To assemble, dish oatmeal into a bowl and top with blueberry pie compote and optional nut butter and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Lauren is a vegan recipe creator, food photographer, and writer. You can find her in the kitchen making healthy plant-based eats, at the gym working up an appetite for her next meal, or curled up with a good book and a glass of red. She actively seeks wellness and balanced living in an unbalanced world. Follow her on Instagram @flora_and_vino and her blog floraandvino.com.