The flowers are edible and provide us with a great amount of nutrition—folate, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamin A, C, E and K.
- 30 dandelion heads
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plant-based oil (or more, as needed)
- in case you need to loosen the batter sparkling water
1. Wash dandelions under running water then dry them on paper towel. Gently remove the green tendrils behind the flower heads.
2. In a small bowl whisk together flour, curry powder and salt. Stir in plant milk and whisk until the batter becomes smooth. If needed, stir in sparkling water, the batter needs to be similar to runny pancake batter.
3. In a frying pan, heat up the oil.
4. Dip each dandelion head in the batter and cover them entirely. Gently transfer them into the frying pan. Work in batches, don’t overcrowd the pan. After 1–2 minutes you can turn the dandelions around and fry their other sides as well.
5. Remove from oil and let them dry on a paper towel.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth