With the countdown to Christmas in the single digits, I’m finding excuses to add red and green to everything. This simple Kale, Pomegranate & Avocado winter salad is the perfect refreshing dish to enjoy between heavier holiday meals.
Sweet Pomegranate pairs perfectly with creamy avocado and crunchy sunflower seeds. It would also be a beautiful side for your holiday spread. Try adding protein to make this winter salad a full meal or enjoy as is for a detoxing side!
Kale, Pomegranate & Avocado Winter Salad
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 cup sprouts, any kind
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- drizzle olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
1. Add shredded kale, sprouts, pomegranate seeds, avocado, and sunflower seeds to a bowl. Top with squeezed lemon, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
Also by Lauren: 5-Ingredient Raw Vegan Gingerbread Bars
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier