Vegan Asian BBQ Jackfruit Tacos
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 taco shells
- 1 can jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- shredded purple cabbage
- sliced avocado
- sliced carrots
- sliced radish
- cilantro (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
2. In separate bowl, mix water and cornstarch. Combine with BBQ sauce and whisk well.
Taco Filling 3. Using a fork, pull the jackfruit apart. It will look like shredded meat.
4. Coat saucepan with ¼ cup of water and set on medium heat. Add jackfruit with the BBQ sauce.
5. Stir until jackfruit is completely coated.
6. Bring to a boil, then cover pan and let simmer for 1-1½ hour on low heat.
7. Once done assemble the rest of the fillings. Fill tacos with BBQ jackfruit, purple cabbage, and radish.
8. Top with optional cilantro and sesame seeds.
Also by Vivian: Vegan Banana Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Vivian Lee