There’s a saying that abs are made in the kitchen and not the gym. This suggests that it is largely the food choices that shape our fitness profile. I attribute the results I gained in achieving my bikini physique to the minimally processed, whole, plant-based foods that made the bulk of my diet. Incorporating whole foods into your diet doesn’t have to be a headache! Creatively using your handy kitchen tools (like your blender) can save you a lot of time–case and point: these easy blender pancakes!
For someone who regularly tracks her macronutrients and maintains a clean diet, these blender pancakes make one breakfast meal that fits the bill. The rolled oats pack in the protein and carbs while the banana and cocoa powder give a subtle sweetness. The flaxseed meal gives a distinct nutty flavor without actual nuts; it also adds thickness to these flour-less, fiber-rich, gluten-free pancakes.
With the help of a blender, the batter literally takes a minute to whip up! These pancakes are incredibly nourishing and will keep you well-satiated and your energy level steady for several hours.
Whether you’re an athlete or a stay-at-home parent, these vegan banana oatmeal blender pancakes feed the champion in all of us.
Vegan Banana Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon or more for serving maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon optional: vanilla
- optional: dash of cinnamon
- optional: fruit toppings
1. Blend all ingredients to prepare the batter.
2. Heat pan over medium-low heat.
3. Pour batter on the heated pan into pancake-sized dollops.
4. Brown pancakes on both sides (approximately one minute on each side).
5. Serve with maple syrup. Viola!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Vivian Lee