‘Tis the season for gingerbread! I was so excited a few years back when my beloved Lara Bars came out with a seasonal Gingerbread flavor. It was perfectly sweet and spiced like a gingerbread cookie and made only with fruit, nuts, and spice! These raw gingerbread bars are inspired by my favorite Lara Bars. They require only five ingredients and come together quickly with zero bake time. The only hard part is waiting for them to set up in the freezer! Enjoy them as simply a festive snack or dessert this holiday season.
Raw Vegan Gingerbread Bars
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- shredded coconut (optional for topping)
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Spread mixture into a thin layer in an 8 X 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Add baking pan to the freezer for at least one hour to chill.
4. Remove pan from the freezer and slice into bars.
5. Store leftover bars in the refrigerator for up to one week and in the freezer for longterm storage.
Also by Lauren: Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier