I usually like to keep my fruit and salads separate, but this peach and pepita vegan quinoa salad is one I keep coming back to every summer. Ripe peaches pair wonderfully with leafy greens, tied together with a simple lemon and avocado oil dressing.
I like spinach for my salad greens in this vegan quinoa salad, but kale also works well! I love adding pepitas for a little crunch, but if you don’t have pepitas, you could also try sunflower seeds or another nut/seed of choice. Quinoa and nut cheese serve as the main source of protein for this salad. If you don’t have nut cheese, try subbing avocado instead. Enjoy this vegan quinoa salad for an easy summer lunch or light dinner while peaches are still in season!
Vegan Quinoa Salad With Peaches & Pepitas
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tablespoon nut cheese
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 2 cups dark leafy green
- drizzle of avocado oil
- black pepper to taste
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
1. If you haven’t already done so, cook your quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Toss quinoa with your leafy greens and add to a bowl.
3. Top with sliced peach, pepitas, nut cheese, squeeze of lemon, and avocado oil.
4. Season with black pepper and Himalayan sea salt to taste.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Chicken Salad with Curry & Swiss Chard
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier