- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium, diced heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped (green part only)
- 1 nectarine, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave
2. While quinoa is cooking, prepare the tomato, nectarine, kale, and scallions. In a separate bowl, mix together the vinegar, oil, and syrup.
3. Add the tomato, nectarine, kale, and scallions to the cooked quinoa and stir to incorporate. Put the mixture over medium heat, stir, and cover until the kale has started wilting, about 3-4 minutes.
4. To serve, spoon quinoa mixture onto a serving plate and drizzle with balsamic mixture.
Also by Molly: Vegan Appetizer Recipes: Quinoa Beet Jalepeño Spread
Related: Spicy Lentil and Quinoa Salad
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne