Is there anything better than a hearty meal that all comes together in one pot? This recipe combines comfort food like sweet potato and chickpeas, but is a great Spring dish topped with fresh avocado and cilantro. Sweet and savory, comforting yet fresh and vibrant…It’s that perfect. But they say a video is better than a thousand words! 😉
One Pot Sweet Potato Quinoa Stew
By Christina Ramirez
Prep Time: 05 minutes minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes minutes
Total time: 30 minutes minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 large sweet potato
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 yellow onion
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tsp yellow curry powder
to taste fresh cilantro
1. Wash and chop veggies.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and add diced sweet potato. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add yellow onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable stock, and curry powder.
5. Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Stir stew and remove from heat. Top with avocado and cilantro.
More recipes by Christina: Vegan Reuben Sandwich
Check out our video content!: 4 Body Sculpting Foam Roller Exercises
Get more like this–sign up for our newsletter for exclusive inspirational content!
Photo and video: Christina Ramirez