GF Carrot Mini Pancakes With Mushrooms & Roasted Baby Tomato
- 300 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 150 g gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g canned champion mushroom
- 10 pieces cherry tomato
- 4 handful ( about 80 g) baby spinach
1. Place the sliced carrots in a large bowl, add as many water that covers them, add salt and bring it to a boil. When carrots are tender use a potato masher to mash them, keeping the water. While stirring constantly, blend in the gluten free flour and nutmeg. Combine it well.
2. Over medium heat start to fry the sunflower seeds, don1t use any oil to this. Keep stirring them so they won’t burn. Once done, transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, heat up a tiny bit of oil over medium heat. Using a wet spoon, take small portions of the carrot dough and transfer to the pan. If it keeps the shape, you can make small noodles or gnocchi, or keep it like a small pancake. Once they turn golden on the side, flip them over and fry the other side as well, takes about 5 minutes each side. Once you’re done with all of them, fry the mushrooms in the leftover oil that is in the pan, once done set aside. Do the same with the cherry tomatoes.
4. Place the baby spinach on a plate and top it with the noodles, mushrooms, tomatoes and toasted sunflower seed.
You can use different kind of leafy greens as the base of this bowl, I just happen to adore baby spinach, so I love to add that as the base but it works well with kale, too. If you find the bowl a little too dry, I recommend making a sauce by mixing mustard, maple syrup, and dill according to your taste. (I like it spicy so I use a tiny bi of maple syrup and more of the mustard.) You can also replace sunflower seeds with seed mix or other kind of seeds or nuts.
Also by Imola: Soft, Sweet & Savory GF Vegan Carrot Bread
Creamy Carrot & Butternut Squash Soup
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth