- 300 g carrots, shredded
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs dried thyme
- 225 g gluten free flour mix
- 3/4 ts baking powder
- 3 portion flax egg
- 50 g vegan yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C degree.
2. In a large bowl mix together maple syrup and 1 tbs olive oil, and add the shredded carrot and thyme and a pinch of salt as well. Stir it well so the oil+maple syrup mix covers the carrots well. Transfer it to a baking tray and bake it for about 5-10 minutes, stirring at times. Once done, let it cool a little.
3. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, 3 flax eggs (3 tbs ground flax seeds + 8 tbs warm water) and the remaining oil. Then stir in the carrots in the end.
4. Transfer it to a baking tray and bake it for about 40-50 minutes or until you poke it with a knife it comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.
More in baking: Homemade Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth