Easy & Flavorful Slow Cooker Rice And Beans
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 can Red Beans
- 1 cup Corn
- 2 2/3 cups Vegetable broth (can use stock cubes)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 tsp Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Frozen Vegetables
1. Place the onion, red beans, corn, broth, cumin, paprika, thyme, and bay leaf in the slow cooker. Set this to cook for 3 hours.
2. Add the brown rice, stirring it in gradually. Set this to cook for 1 hour. I cooked my brown rice for a total of 2 hours, since there is one more hour included in step 3. Please note that this might depend on the type of rice you use—white rice will only need one hour in total.
3. Add the frozen vegetables. Set this to cook for 1 more hour. The vegetables will get nice and tender, absorbing the flavors. To serve, simply plate it up then add salt and pepper to taste. Couldn’t be simpler!
If you would like to cook the rice separately, half the amount of broth. Enjoy! 🙂
Also see: Vegan Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew and Dumplings
Vegan Sesame Ginger Stir Fried Noodles with Vegetables
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan