If you were looking for a new salad idea, look no further! This unique Caprese is the perfect salad for spring. Strawberries are starting to come into season again so we better utilize them while we have them. Add some crispy apple, and you get a certain bite to the salad that you can't miss—not to mention the crunch from the pecans and crispy onions. I like to drizzle the Panera brand balsamic vinegar on top for the ultimate kick of flavor. Sometimes I'll even add my favorite vegan cheese or make a walnut parmesan to sprinkle on top. Whatever finishing touch you use, this salad is sure to fill you up and give you that boost of energy you need in the middle of the day.
YIELDS 1 salad
- 1 box Spring Mix
- 1 Package Strawberries
- 1 Apple
- 3 Mushrooms
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 bag Crushed Pecans
- 1 bag Crispy Onion Strips
- 1 patty Vegan Chicken
- Your Choice of Dressing
1. Take two handfuls of spring mix and put it into a salad bowl.
2. Slice the apples, strawberries, and mushrooms and place them in the bowl.
3. Take a fingertip full of crushed pecans and crispy onion strips.
4. Slice half an avocado and place it in the bowl.
5. Heat up your chicken patty and slice it and put it in the bowl.
6. Drizzle with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
Also by Lindsey: Vegan Cheese Drizzle 2 Ways: Garlic & Nacho
Slow Cooker Vegan Chili with Mushrooms
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lindsey Blakley