This beautiful orange-colored soup with peanuts, carrot & butternut squash is sufficiently spicy and heart-warming for the chilly, rainy autumn days. You only need to get a few ingredients to have a huge portion. If you make it a day prior, the flavors will adjust together perfectly. You only need a hand blender, and it's done in 30 minutes.
Creamy Vegan Peanut, Carrot & Butternut Squash Soup
YIELDS 4-6 servings
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 diced Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Dill
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- thumb size ginger, chopped and peeled
- 1 medium sized butternut squash. peeled and diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small lime
- 1 handful peanut, unslated, chopped
- to taste chili flakes, salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
1. In a tall pot, heat up the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until fragrant.
2. Add ginger and garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add the diced butternut squash and carrots as well. Let it burn down a tiny bit so the sugar will come out and give it a little caramelized taste.
3. Add the coconut milk along with two cans of water, chili paste, peanut butter, salt and pepper.
4. Cover and let it simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
5. Once the veggies are tender, use a hand blender to create a smooth cream soup. Add the juice of the lime, and serve warm. Garnish with chili flakes and crashed peanuts.
Vegan Red Lentil Sauerkraut Soup
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth