Zucchineese (Whole Plant Vegan Cheese Made Of Zucchini)
- about 250g zucchini, peeled
- 100ml plant milk (soy or rice)
- 30g agar agar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp full pepper pieces
- 1/2-1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2-1 tsp wild galric, sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
1. Cut off the ends of the zucchini and peel (should be about 250g when peeled) and cut into cubes. Boil it in a pot of salty water until cooked through, about 10-13 minutes. Remove water and set aside.
2. In a glass, whisk together agar agar and a little plant milk. When it starts to thicken, add it to the zucchini, along with the rest of the plant milk. You can help the agar agar dissolve by heating it up a little.
3. Add lemon juice, olive oil and salt and make a smooth and even cream with a hand mixer. Then mix in the peppers and and chili flakes, wild garlic and basil.
4. Transfer it to a container and refrigerate for a few hours.
Also by Imola: Vegan Cheeseburger Soup
Related: Vegan Nacho Cheese Dip 2 Ways
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth