Super Easy DIY Vegan Cheese
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil paste
2. Allow to warm for 3-4 minutes.
3. Whisk in remaining ingredients, one at a time.
4. Stir well for about 5 minutes more, then remove from heat.
5. Transfer to non-stick baking pan and let sit at room temperature for at least one hour.
6. Move to fridge and let set for at least another hour.
7. When ready to serve, shred with cheese grater or cut into cubes.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Creole Recipes: Hearty Gumbo Hot Pot
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas