If you want a little more piquant taste, add vegan smoked sausage or hot paprika powder.
GF Vegan Wax Bean Soup With Dill
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 500 g yellow wax beans
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 2-3 cloves galric, minced
- 4 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1-1/2 L veggie broth
- salt, pepper
- 6 dl vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp corn starch
1. In a large pot, heat up the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the sliced carrots, season with salt and pepper, stir well and cook them under a lid for about 5 minutes.
3. Then add diced potatoes, was beans and veggie broth. Bring it to a boil, then take back the heat to minimal, and cook until veggies are tender.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together vegan sour cream and corn starch with a fork, until you get an even cream. Slowly add 2-3 tbsp of the soup, and mix. (You need to add it slowly because the soup is hot and it will turn the corn starch into balls). Mix well then slowly transfer it in the soup and combine well together.
5. Finish by adding vinegar and fresh dill.
Photo: Imola Toth