GF Vegan Cheeseburger Soup
- 150 g grated soy protein
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, shradded
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tbs vegan butter
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella, shredded
- to taste salt, pepper
1. In a bowl prepare the grated soy by adding a cup of hot water to it along with the parsley and basil. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add 1 tbs vegan butter and onion, shredded carrots, and celery. Sauté over low heat until tender.
3. Add the veggie broth, sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. In small skillet melt remaining butter then add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low.
5. Stir in vegan cheese, soy milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegan cheese melts. Remove from heat and serve while hot.
Also by Imola: Vegan Tofu Bowl With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth