Zucchini was on sale and I just bought way too much for one person. Growing up in a big family, I used to cook for at least 5 people, yet I am still unfamiliar with cooking for one.
So I ended up with a lot of zucchinis that I didn’t want to die on me. So I made two kinds of cream with them, one sweet and one savory.
Zucchini Cream 2 Ways
- 3 big zucchini, diced
- 2 medium green onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2-3 tbs vegan yogurt
- 1 tbs dill, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs unsweetend cocoa powder
- to taste sugar
- salt, pepper
For the savory zucchini cream with dill:
1. Slice up 2 of the zucchinis, the onion and the garlic.
2. In a pan, heat up the olive oil and sauté the onions for 1 minute.
3. Then add the zucchini and the garlic too. Season with salt and pepper, and cook over low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. If you notice the onion or the zucchini burning, add a little water.
4. When cooked in a food processor, mix it with the vegan yogurt and dill.
You can serve it on top of bread, as a pasta sauce or with nachos. Very versatile.
For the sweet version:
1. Blend 1 diced zucchini in a blender along with the cocoa powder, sugar and a pinch of salt.
2. Let it cool in the fridge. You can serve it with fruits or nuts or over your morning oats.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth