- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup spelt, whole grain, or gluten-free flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 apples, cored and roughly diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
2. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, mix together apples, cornstarch, maple syrup, lemon juice, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently or until the apples are starting to break down and the mixture is fragrant. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the two flours and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add the water and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and whisk together. Finally, gently mix in 1/2 cup of the stewed apples.
4. Remove cast iron skillet from oven, and coat with remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Pour chickpea flour mixture into the skillet and return to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top of the socca is beginning to brown.
5. Remove from oven and serve topped with the rest of the stewed apples.
Also by Molly: Vegan Cashew Cheese-Stuffed Mochi
Related: Herbed Vegan Sausage and Potato Hash
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne