- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups fresh greens (lettuce, spinach, kale, or arugula all work)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- To taste Thai-style green chili sauce
2. In the same pan, add another 1/2 teaspoon oil to the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes). Add the greens, and steam until they're just soft but still bright in color for 2-3 minutes. Add a dash more of tamari if you like.
3. Add greens to a bowl and top with rice. Drizzle with chili sauce. Enjoy!
Also by Jennifer: Vegan Thai Avocado Noodle Bowl
Related: Vegan Savory Steel Cut Oats
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jennifer Kurdyla