I just got some new “Green Pans,” and I’ve been finding excuses to use them to make all my meals. Lately, I’ve been whipping them out to make giant stir-frys! This Spicy Sesame Tempeh Broccoli Bowl is perfect to make when you’re craving takeout but don’t want to leave the house.
My plant-based version of the Asian classic is packed with protein, greens, and a slightly sweet and salty glaze. If you don’t like tempeh, sub tofu instead, but I think the tempeh works well here to soak up the flavors! Try serving it over quinoa or your favorite grain. Add more sriracha if you like it hot and a dollop of hummus to cool things down. Leftovers keep well in the fridge, so I like to make a full serving and save leftovers for the next few days. Feel free to try your own vegetable variations and make it yours!
Spicy Sesame Tempeh & Broccoli Bowl
- 1 8 oz package tempeh, cubed
- 1 large head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari lite
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- sriracha to taste
- hummus (for serving, optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions if you haven’t already done so.
2. Spray large nonstick skillet with avocado oil and heat over medium-high.
3. Add the cubed tempeh and garlic powder cook for 5-8 minutes, flipping several times so all sides get browned.
4. Move the tempeh to the side and add the chopped broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, until tender-crisp and vibrant green.
5. Add the tamari lite and maple syrup and stir to combine.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in sesame seeds.
7. Serve immediately over cooked quinoa with sriracha to taste and optional dollop of hummus.
Also by Lauren: Tofu Cacciatore Bowl With Bell Pepper & Broccoli
Related: Easy Chickpea & Broccoli Buddha Bowl
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier