First of all, let’s make it clear that CBD brownies and space cakes/pot brownies are not the same thing. Although both are infused with cannabis extracts, CBD brownies contain very low to zero amounts of THC extracts of weed plants (depends on what kind of CBD you use), while space cakes are infused with extracts of marijuana plants that are rich in THC. So do not worry, CBD is legal and won't take you high.
The CBD dose you choose largely depends on two main factors: The number of servings per brownie and your tolerance.
GF Vegan CBD Chocolate Peppermint Cake Bars With Fudge Sauce
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cup Raw coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup vegan peppermint dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp peppermint cbd oil
- 2/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Oil a baking tray or line it with parchment paper or or use a silicone form (that’s the easiest).
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, avocado oil and almond butter until well combined and the sugar is starting to break down. Add in flax meal and espresso and beat until smooth. Stir in GF flour, cacao powder, peppermint extract, CBD oil, and sea salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chunks.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared tray. Feel free to sprinkle more chocolate chunks over it.
4. Place in the oven, and bake for about 30–35 minutes or until set (make sure not to over bake).
5. When baked, remove from the oven and let it cool before slicing.
6. To make the fudge, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder with a few drops of peppermint CBD oil, until smooth. If it’s too sticky, you can add a bit of the espresso.
7. Serve the brownies with some of the fudge poured over them.
Also by Imola: Hungarian Cocoa Rolls (GF Vegan)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth