Life has been busy lately. I still can’t believe it’s already October, and I’m having even more trouble wrapping my head around the fact that stores are already showing Christmas decorations. I’ve been relying on quick and easy bowls to fuel me. I made this Easy Chickpea & Broccoli Buddha Bowl last week and found myself making it again and again. It’s veg-packed and satisfying while coming together in under 10 minutes. Feel free to mix up the veggies; these are just the ones that I had on hand. I hope this bowl saves you when your crunched for time like it has for me!
Easy Chickpea & Broccoli Buddha Bowl
- 1 15 oz can, drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 bunch, florets only broccolini
- 1/2, diced red onion
- 1 cup, halved cherry tomatoes
- avocado oil spray
- to taste Himalayan sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- optional quinoa or millet for serving
1. Spray a skillet with avocado oil and heat over medium high.
2. Once warm, add 1/2 c. diced red onion and sauté until onions are translucent. Next add chickpeas, brocollini florets, dried basil, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
3. Sauté for 4-5 mins over medium high, stirring a lot; until veg is tender crisp and chickpeas are lightly browned.
4. Add halved cherry tomatoes at the very end and stir to combine.
5. Wait for tomatoes to wilt a little and then serve in a bowl with optional grain, fresh lemon, and a big dollop of hummus.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Kirchmaier