Tofu Cacciatore Bowl With Bell Pepper & Broccoli
- 1 16 oz package, drained and pressed tofu
- 3 red, thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1, thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 head, chopped into florets broccoli
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15 oz jar diced tomatoes
- pinch red pepper flakes
- parsley for serving
- vegan parmesan for serving
- quinoa or pasta for serving
1. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once warm, add the onion, bell peppers, and tofu and saute for 5 minutes, until veggies start to soften.
2. Add the garlic powder and dried thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and diced tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 25-30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, steam your broccoli over the stove top for 5 minutes, until vibrant green and tender. Cook your quinoa or pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
5. Serve over pasta or your favorite grain (I love quinoa!) and garnish with red pepper flakes, vegan parmesan, and parsley. Add a side of broccoli for greens!
Also by Lauren: Tofu Steak Bowls With Sweet Potato Mash
Be sure to check out the cutest organic clothing from The Orenda Tribe!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier