This is the ultimate autumn dish for lunch or dinner. Tomato and green onion will still make you feel like you are in summer, but the warm and creamy wild rice and the crimini mushrooms bring you the chill fall vibes.
One-Pot Creamy Wild Rice Risotto With Cremini And Tomato
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small chili, finely chopped
- 500g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup wild rice blend (I used brown + wild rice mix)
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 50g tomato puree
- 1/2 ts dried basil
- 1/2 ts dreid thyme
- 1/2 to 1 ts depending on taste salt
- to taste ground pepper
- 3-4 ts vegan creamer
- 50 g vegan cheese, shredded
1. In a huge pot, heat up the oil. Add the sliced onions, garlic, chili and mushroom, add salt too so it will help the mushrooms to lose water. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
2. Then add rice, veggie broth, herbs and spices, reduce heat and cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 30 minutes until the rice is cooked. Stir it occasionally so it won’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Once the rice is cooked, turn off heat and mix in the cheese and vegan creamer.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth