This salad is packed with iron, minerals, protein and abundance of vitamin C which you'll need for your immune system, especially in winter when it's needed the most.
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tbs White wine vinegar
- to taste Sea salt, Freshly Crushed black pepper
- one pinch Red chilli flakes
- 1 block Firm Tofu
- 2-3 slices multigrain and seed gluten free bread
- 200 g Crispy leafy salad packet
- 1 large peeled oranges
- 25 g vegan cheese, cubed
- 2 tbs sweet corn
- 1/2 tbs dried dill
1. Drain water from the tofu and try to make dry as possible.
2. I used a jar for the marinade but you can also use a bowl. Add rosemary, garlic cloves, salt, oil, vinegar in a jar and blend till you get lovely smooth marinate. Chop the tofu and bread into 2-3 cm chunks, add tofu in the jar of herbed oil. Set the bread aside. Once marinated, thread the tofu and bread on soaked bamboo skewers.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium heat, and lay the skewers in a hot pan and cook until golden every side. You don’t need extra oil to fry because the amount that will drop off from the skewers will be enough.
4. Meanwhile, slice the orange into rounds and cut the skin off the slices.
5. Place all the salad mix, herbs and spices and corn on a big plate. I used a mix of different kinds of lettuce, carrot and cabbage but you can also use anything you have handy or baby spinach. Place orange slices and top with the tofu and bread kebab. Crumble over the vegan cheese and serve immediately.
Also by Imola: Vegan Indian Potatoes & Cabbage (Sabii)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth