It's going to satisfy your carb cravings (hello, serotonin!) but you'll also benefit of the immune strengthening effects of the spices and the vitamins and minerals of the cabbage.
GF Vegan Cabbage Potato Sabji (Indian Curried Vegetables)
- 1 small head white cabbage, quarter, core and thinly sliced
- 200 g potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 4-5 tbsp olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp green chilis
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 pinch garam masala
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a large pot and add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds splutter turn the heat down and add in chopped cabbage and potato. Mix well and add green chili and ginger. Mix again and stir in garam masala, chopped tomato and salt.
2. Cover pan with a lid, keep the heat on low and let the sabji cook in its own steam while stirring frequently. Cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
3. Turn off the heat and stir in coriander and lemon juice if using.
Serve while hot.
Also in Indian: Indian Eggplant (Baingan Gartha)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth