I love a good cookie. However, when I make cookies, I eat a lot of them. I wanted to create something where I could eat multiple servings without feeling like a downright cookie monster. Thus, these date bites were born. You get all the yummy flavors of a gingerbread cookie, with a killer crunch from the rice crisps plus peanut butter, with just a touch of chocolate. All this is served on dates, which are chock full of things like iron, potassium, and magnesium. So, go ahead and eat them all! After all, I’ve made the portion size just for you…
**Gingerbread Butter Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies
- 3 Large dates
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Rice Crisps
- 2 teaspoons Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
1. Remove pits from dates.
2. Cut each date lengthwise into quarters and place on a parchment lined plate.
3. In a bowl combine peanut butter, molasses, brown rice syrup*, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and rice crisps.
4. Dip each date piece into the gingerbread butter mix then place back on plate.
5. Microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil for about 45 seconds and stir to combine.
6. Using a small spoon drizzle the chocolate sauce over the date bites.
Can be eaten immediately. Preferred method is to place the date bites in the freezer for a few hours. This makes the textures really amazing and intensifies the flavor.
*Can be subbed for Maple Syrup
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bella Gadsby