Turmeric. Probiotic. Hummus. I know, I know, all you health and wellness peeps are on the edge of your seats right now! We all know turmeric is like a spice with angel wings... it is sooo powerful with it's anti-inflammatory AND anti-anxiety benefits. It's penetrating orange-yellow color is full of phytonutrients and can paint any dull dish into a sunny masterpiece! It only makes sense to combine this powerhouse spice with a vegan favorite: hummus. Can we agree that hummus is hands down the best protein-rich vegan snack, like ever? You can dip carrots, celery, crackers, fingers..etc in it for a delicious, super healthy treat. But wait...that's not even the best part about this recipe. This isn't your average hummus, my friends. This is probiotic hummus *winks*. Adding gut-friendly miso paste to this hummus elevates it to a whole new level. I suggest giving this recipe a try and experimenting with what pleases your taste buds. Some people like a less acidic hummus with less lemon and lime while others prefer extra tahini. So have fun with it and know you are doing your mind and body a favor with this tasty snack.
Raw Vegan Probiotic Turmeric Hummus
Recipe Type: Appetizers Detox
YIELDS 3-4 servings
- 15 oz can Organic Chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil (or sub water)
- 1/4 Tsp Sea salt or Himalayan rock salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced, more to taste (or 4 if roasted)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Miso (I prefer chickpea miso)
- pinch Red pepper flakes
- pinch Parsley
- pinch Hemp seeds
1. Combine all ingredients (except red pepper flakes and parsley) into food processor and process until creamy. Add more salt, garlic, oil etc if needed. Drizzle some olive oil and add a pinch of parsley, red pepper flakes and hemp seeds (to look fancy) to top it off. Use fresh carrots and celery to dip into hummus and enjoy!
Also by Alexa: From Radiance To Brain Boost, Schisandra Is The Next Big Adaptogen That You Need
Related: Spicy Cranberry Hummus
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Alexa Pizzarello