I’ve had this dessert almost every night for the past couple months–I’m obsessed. Every time I make it, I get tons of requests for the recipe.
This treat delivers good-for-your-gut probiotics and good-for-your-muscles magnesium. It’s low in both sugar and calories and requires no fancy equipment, just one bowl. It can be enjoyed as a light breakfast, midday pick-me-up, or dessert. The frozen yogurt base for this guilt-free treat is only 100 calories. It’s extremely customizable and an excellent base for toppings!
1-Bowl Chocolate Vegan Frozen Yogurt
- For Base:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt, plain or vanilla (I used So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt)
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- freeze-dried raspberries
- coconut chips/flakes
- rice crisps
- Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- PB2 Powder to make base chocolate-peanut butter flavor
To make the 100-calorie base:
1. Put coconut yogurt in a small bowl.
2. Mix in maple syrup and cacao powder. If making chocolate-peanut butter flavor, mix in PB2 Powder at this time.
3. Store in freezer for 40 minutes.
4. When your yogurt is almost done with its freezing, it’s time to make the PB drizzle. Add maple syrup and peanut butter to a small, microwave-safe bowl.
5. Place in the microwave for very short amount of time, about 15 seconds or so.
Remove from the microwave, stir to combine.
6. Drizzle on top your fro-yo. I like to do this and then place the fro-yo back in the fridge while I pull out my toppings. This makes the drizzle harden slightly, and it becomes delightfully chewy. Additional topping suggestions are chocolate chips, banana chips, granola, goji berries, fresh fruit, and cacao nibs. Use your imagination! ;D
Also by Bella: Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bites
Related: No-Churn Coconut Cashew Ice Cream
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bella Gadsby