Carrots and celery add beautiful color and a healthy amount of fiber, gluten-free spaghetti noodles and chickpeas provide the protein and lovely texture to the soup, and thyme and bay leaf bring all the flavors into unity. Perfect to cozy up with a blanket and your favorite movie or book. If you need a little more immune booster you can add some grated ginger and chilies as well.
GF Vegan One-Pot Chickpea Spaghetti Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed clean and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- to taste sea salt and black pepper
- 1 liter veggie broth
- 1 can chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 50 g GF spaghetti
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more. Then add carrots, celery, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
3. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add broth and bring to a low boil. Add drained rinsed chickpeas, thyme, and bay leaf.
4. Add spaghetti—break into smaller pieces in needed. Stir to separate to prevent them from sticking together.
5. Once noodles are soft—about 10 minutes—reduce heat to a very low simmer and cover again. Continue simmering for about 20 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt or pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Also by Imola: GF Vegan Green String Bean Soup
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth