With this recipe, it's super easy to adjust servings and freeze for future meals. A huge lifesaver when you're short on time or feeling hungry. Simply thaw the vegetable stew in the refrigerator for a couple of days, then reheat on the stove for 10 minutes. Or you can microwave on the defrost setting for 8–10 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 Large onion
- 1 bunch Garlic stems, diced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Large zucchinis, sliced into coins
- 1 bunch Kale leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup Green beans
- 2 cups Mushroom
- 1 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Doubanjiang (fermented chili bean paste)
- 3 tbsp Five Spice powder
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
1. In a large wok or saucepan, fry the onion and garlic stems in the olive oil over medium heat. If you can’t find garlic stems you can use 3–5 cloves of minced garlic instead.
2. When the onion is translucent, add the zucchini, green beans, mushroom, and kale. Fry for 2–3 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups of water. Bring this to a boil and add the corn.
4. Now stir in the doubanjiang and five spice powder. Add 2 more cups of water.
5. Simmer for 15–20 more minutes. Season with salt to taste. Your five veggie stew is complete. Serve hot with noodles or rice if you like. Enjoy!
Also by Debbie: 4-Ingredient Vegan New Zealand Cookies
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan