GF Vegan Orange Pasta
- 135 g GF shorter cut pasta (penne, rigatoni, fusili)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 orange, zest
- 2 tbsp canned chopped tomato
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan creamer
- 1 tsp dried basil
- to taste grated vegan parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta as per package instructions until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over small heat and add the olive oil and the onion and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until it’s slightly caramelized.
3. Stir in the orange juice and tomato, and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add vegan creamer.
4. Scoop in your cooked pasta (keep the pasta water), and vegan parmesan cheese if using.
5. Give it a nice stir to combine it well. Add in a little more of the starchy pasta water if the sauce seems too thick.
6. Stir in the orange zest and basil. Give the pasta a taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Also by Imola: Zucchini Carpaccio Salad With Vegan Truffle Cheese
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth