If you are on the same track or just try to bring something new into your salads that you use to balance your meals (like I do), this zucchini carpaccio salad will be your new favorite!
The zucchini brings a little summery feeling into the winter days, the arugula gives a pinch of extra flavor into it and the vegan truffle cheese puts the crown on the whole plate.
Although the ingredients are simple, it’s really quite delicious. Use good quality extra virgin olive oil and vegan cheese with Parmesan-like texture for the best results.
- 2 medium zucchini, ends cut off and sliced with potato peeler
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Himalayan salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved vegan cheese (Parmesan-like texture) (I used truffle flavored)
1. Start by shaving paper thin slices of your zucchinis with a potato peeler (you can also use a mandolin).
2. Combine oil and lemon juice.
3. Place a layer of zucchini to cover the bottom of a platter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Repeat layering zucchini, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice until all zucchini is used up.
5. Let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
6. Right before serving, top with fresh arugula, shaved vegan cheese on top.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth