Tempeh is a delicious and versatile Indonesian fermented soy high in protein and fiber. Because of its nutty taste and unique texture, I personally found tempeh to be a challenge to cook at first. But with this easy recipe, you'll be a tempeh master in no time!
- 1 package Tempeh
- 1 cup Cornflour
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 4-5 cloves, minced Garlic
- 2-3 tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Slice the tempeh into thin strips.
2. Marinade in soy sauce and garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of cornstarch into a shallow bowl or plate. Dip the tempeh and coat each side in cornstarch.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil over a shallow pan. Spread the tempeh in a single layer and cook until golden brown.
5. Flip over and cook on the remaining side.
6. Repeat with remaining oil and tempeh slices. You may also need to add another 1/2 cup of cornstarch to coat the tempeh.
7. Once cooked, place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. It’s ready to serve! You can get creative with the layout too—this looks great on some rocket salad and cherry tomatoes.
Also by Debbie: Vegan Crispy Chinese BBQ Tofu (Char Siu)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan