GF Vegan Crispy Tofu Bacon
- 400g extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- Chilli powder (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. For the tofu bacon cut the tofu into very thin ribbon like slices. If you use firm tofu instead of extra firm tofu then I recommend pressing the tofu first to remove excess liquid.
3. In a small bowl mix the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, maple syrup, paprika powder and chilli powder if using until well combined.
4. Dip each tofu strip fully in the marinade and place it on a lined baking sheet. If you have excess marinade then brush the tofu with it.
5. Pop the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the tofu is golden brown and crispy.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth