This incredibly simple, 30-minute small-batch brownie is the perfect way to sweeten any of your nights. I love adding raw cacao nibs since they’re basically nature’s dark chocolate but feel free to switch it up and add any toppings you love the most! I’ve made these before with unsweetened coconut flakes and honey-roasted pecans and they turned out absolutely phenomenal so get creative with it!
Vegan, Small-Batch Raw Cacao Nib Brownies
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 3/4 cup coconut brown sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 1/4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (3 tbsp water + 1 tbsp flax seed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Microwave butter, sugar, and cacao for 30 seconds.
3. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds.
4. Stir mixture with salt, vanilla, and the flaxseed egg.
5. Add the flour and mix until it’s all incorporated.
6. Add anything you love—raw cacao nibs, pecans, coconut flakes, etc.
7. Spray a small glass loaf pan with olive oil or coconut oil.
8. Spread the batter into a small pan and sprinkle with raw cacao nibs.
9. Bake for 23 minutes in the preheated oven.
10. Let it cool completely before cutting with a greased knife.
11. Enjoy & bask in all the yummy, vegan chocolate goodness!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Wendy Bess Chiu