These biscuits are so simple and quick and make for the perfect addition to any brunch. Once you make these from scratch, you will never want to buy them from a store again. These are delicious enjoyed by themselves but they taste even better served with a little honey drizzle, butter spread, fresh fruit and yogurt, or even a scoop of ice cream. I used an oversized cupcake tin to bake in but you can use any mold or even freestyle bake them on a cookie sheet if you want. These biscuits are hard to mess up.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a cupcake tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add the sour cream, water, and lemon extract and stir until a dough forms.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Evenly divide the dough into six small balls and drop into cupcake tin.
6. Bake for 15 min and remove from oven. Cool on a drying rack.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Pound Cake With Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote