Do you know those mornings when you don’t feel like getting up to go to work? You want to go back to bed, lay under a blanket and call in sick. Its possible to do that once in a while, but some days all you need to be productive is give yourself a little push.
This smoothie will definitely do the trick! It takes less than 5 minutes and makes you feel refreshed, filled up and ready to kick butt.
If you haven’t tried dragon fruit before, this tropical fruit is recognizable by its tiny, edible black seeds inside the white or red flesh. That’s why dragon fruit is so high in linoleic acid, an Omega-6 fatty acid that is responsible for reducing inflammation (and among other things) keeping your pores clear. If you frequently have clogged pores or acne, boosting your linoleic acid intake can help things to flow freely. On the other hand, 1 cup of pineapple contains over 100% of your daily Vitamin C needs for brightening and revitalizing skin, plus Vitamin Bs including pantothenic acid (another blemish fighter).
Get ready to conquer your day with this Red Dragon Fruit and Pineapple Smoothie!
Refreshing Dragon Fruit & Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 whole fruit red dragon fruit
- 1 cup pineapples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granola (optional)
1. Cut the red dragon fruit in halves. Scoop the insides with a spoon and put the fruit in a blender.
2. To the blender, add chopped pineapples, coconut water and chia seeds.
3. Blend until all ingredients are fully smooth.
4. Serve in a glass or in a bowl topped with granola or any toppings of your choice.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Radhika Bhagchandani