- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup shredded, fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- cashews to top
- scallions to top
1. Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and set aside. (3 cups cooked quinoa is about 1 cup uncooked quinoa simmered in 2 cups water)
2. In a small pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Add the peppers and onions and cook for a couple minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and reduce the heat to low.
4. Stir in the curry powder and paprika and mix well. Cook for a minute or two.
5. Remove from heat and pour cooked mix over quinoa. Mix well.
6. Stir in the cranberries, coconut flakes, lime juice, and cilantro.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Top with cashews and scallions.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Veggie Lover’s Calzone
Related: 20-Minute Coconut Jackfruit Curry
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote