Vegan Lemon Lentil Pasta Bake With Roasted Veggies (One-Pan, No Boiling Required!)
- 1.5 cups Pasta
- 1 can Lentils
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1/4 head Cabbage
- 1 large Zucchini
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 cups Water (enough to cover the pasta)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
2. Add the pasta to an oven-proof dish.
3. Pour the water over the pasta. It should cover the pasta.
4. Slice the cabbage, tomatoes, and zucchini.
5. Drain the can of lentils. Combine with the vegetables and minced garlic.
6. Season with salt, oregano and basil. Pour the mixture over the pasta.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until the pasta is al dente and the vegetables are cooked through.
Halfway through, check on the pasta and stir. You might need to add some more water.
8. Just before serving, squeeze lemon juice on the pasta and stir through. Enjoy! This goes well with a green salad and/or crusty bread. You can freeze this for up to a month or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan