GF Vegan Spinach Artichoke Casserole
- 200 g fusili, penne or shell pasta
- 150 g frozen spinach
- 300 g canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1+2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 200g/1 block soft tofu
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 3 dl soy milk
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp GF soy sauce
- to taste salt
- 1/2 cup GF bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- to taste vegan parmesan
1. Cook the pasta according to package instruction and set aside. Thaw the spinach if using frozen and chop the artichoke hearts.
2. Heat 1 tbs oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions, garlic and sauté until golden.
3. Transfer them to a blender with the tofu, GF flour, soy milk, dill, parsley, oregano, basil, lemon juice, salt and soy sauce, and blend everything until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor (salt, cheesyness).
4. Add the remaining oil to a baking dish. Add the cooked pasta, spinach, artichokes and the sauce. Toss it well. Rinse out the blender with 2 tbsp pasta water and add it to the baking dish as well.
5. Sprinkle it with breadcrumbs, pepper flakes, some herbs, and a little salt and vegan parmesan. For the perfect brown topping, spray or drizzle with some olive oil. Bake the pasta at 200C for about 20 mins or until the topping is nice brown.
6. Remove the dish from the oven, and serve hot.
If you refrigerate it, it stays good up to 3 days.
Also by Imola: Vegan Potato Galette
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth