This ridiculously simple recipe is my secret weapon, especially in cold months—when it’s already dark when you get home from work and you just want to eat something warm ASAP. This jackfruit curry comes together in less than 20 minutes! It’s been a family favorite for years. Jackfruit has grown in popularity in recent years as a meat substitute for its unique texture. You even can find canned jackfruit in most grocery stores!
20-Minute Coconut Jackfruit Curry
- 1 can Jackfruit
- 2 cans Coconut milk
- 2 cups, fresh Spinach
- 2 cups, frozen Peas
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- to taste salt
1. Chop jackfruit into bite-sized chunks.
2. Heat coconut milk on medium-low heat in a medium saucepan.
3. Stir in curry powder.
4. Mix in peas and jackfruit.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add in spinach in the final 5 minutes.
6. Serve with rice or vegan naan bread, and enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Maille O’Donnell